Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day 1 / 2: Arrival

We have arrived! Actually, we are sitting in our hostel in Brussels right now. We were unable to get internet access on our first day in Paris.
We made it to our first flight with just five minutes to spare (we had to stop by the exchange to rectify their mistake). We had a two hour layover at Newark, then another seven hours to Paris. I hate air travel. Fourteen total hours of cramped up Anders in a crappy airplane seat. Then when we arrived at 11AM local time in Paris (felt like 2AM to me), our reserved shuttle was no where to be found and was two hours late.
Our first hostel, "Peace and Love" was a tiny, cute little place. We had to sign in at the bar they run and enter a small nondescript door to the side where the rooms were up a spiral staircase. I didn't feel jetlagged at all, so we marched around town and found some food (doner kebab). Then suddenly I passed out at 6PM and woke up again midnight to the sound of the bar bumping Tupac.

So, the video will say "Day One" but in fact, it is days one and two - I totally lost a day in there. I got to practice editing video and I think it's tons of fun. However, its still just six minutes of boring travel footage. I'll try to improve content next time =)

More about today's events in my next post!

-Anders 6/20/07 2:45 PM

No comments: